» Special Programs
CAPITAL MARKET AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTER
I. The Center
The Capital Market and Entrepreneurship Center (CMEC) is envisioned to be the first Center of Excellence for Capital Market and Entrepreneurship in the Philippines. It is committed to promote, develop and advance awareness and knowledge of capital market and entrepreneurship and their role in the development of the national economy. It infuses the academe with a strong investment and entrepreneurial consciousness and educate Filipinos to invest in the Philippine Capital Market and carry out entrepreneurial activities throughout the country.
- To serve as a consultancy clinic for business and investment matters;
- To develop a strong research hub with the provision of a comprehensive collection of economic data and information on stock market movements;
- To promote, develop and advance awareness and knowledge of capital market and entrepreneurship with the integration of subjects in Capital and Securities Market, Investment, Financial Investment Management and Entrepreneurship in all tertiary and basic education curricular offerings;
- To bring to the academic and business communities in South of Metro Manila actual and on-line daily stock trading transactions through the Philippine Stock Exchange; and
- To serve as incubation shop for students in the preparation of their business plans, feasibility studies, design, and production of prototypes of their products.
- Online stock trading - Any student of Southville or affiliate school of SGEN may contact the Capital Market Learning Center (826-6906) or proceed directly to the 8th floor of the SFU Lima building for any assistance needed investing in the Philippine Stock Exchange. The Capital Market Learning Center offers training on online trading tools (Citiseconline, BPI Trade), technical analysis software (Technistock) and a weekly research publication (Every Monday).
- Stocks Investment Grant - Any student of Southville or affiliate school of SGEN may borrow from the CMEC through the RCMS-SGEN Entrepreneurship / Investment Grant. The student is allowed to borrow PHP 5,000 interest free for investment in the Philippine stock market given that the student puts up a counterpart fund of PHP 5,000.
- Business Loan - Any student of Southville or affiliate school of SGEN may borrow from the CMEC through the RCMS-SGEN Entrepreneurship / Investment Grant. The student is allowed to borrow up to PHP 100,000 at 6% interest per annum given that the loan is guaranteed by parents or assets as collateral. The Business loan has a duration of 120 days.
- Joint Venture Capital - Any student of Southville or affiliate school of SGEN may partner with the CMEC through the RCMS-SGEN Entrepreneurship / Investment Grant. The student is allowed to partner with the CMEC and receive up to PHP 100,000 in capital (No loan repayment, the CMEC purchases equity) provided that the student puts up a counterpart fund that is equivalent to the amount put up by the CMEC (50% Student, 50% CMEC).
Apply Online (RCMS-SGEN Entrepreneurship / Investment Grant)