The College Deans and the Vice President of Academic and Research of Southville International School and Colleges were invited by the Hon. Joe San Agustin, Senator of the 34th Guam Legislature and Chair of Committee on Education, Finance and Taxation to share their knowledge and expertise in education through school visits and a research paper presentation at the University of Guam.
Dean of Psychology, Dr. Ruel Cajili, presented his paper entitled Effect of Cognitive Behavior Therapy on the Level of Maladjusted Behavior Among Female Children- in-Conflict-with- the-Law (CICL); Dean of Education and Arts & Sciences, Dr. Gina Caneo presented her … [Read more]
The Education Department aims to produce graduates who demonstrate the following core competencies:
1. Excellent character in teaching and in dealing with learners with special needs.
- Demonstrate understanding of learners with special needs and methodologies of educating them.
- Demonstrate compassion and concern for learners with special needs.
- Possess interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude in dealing with parents of learners with special needs as well as with the school personnel and people in the school community.
2. Professional competence and research orientation in the practice of the profession considering the international standards.
- Possess open-mindedness to and interest in innovations
… [Read more]
Graduates of the BEED Special Education programs are teachers who:
- have the basic and higher level of literacy, communication literacy, critical thinking, learning skills needed for higher learning;
- have a deep and principled understanding of the learning processes and the role of the teacher in facilitating these processes in their students;
- have a deep and principled understanding of how educational processes relate to larger historical, cultural, and political processes;
- have a meaningful and comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter they will teach;
- can apply a wide range of teaching process skills ( including curriculum development, lesson planning, materials and development,
… [Read more]
“MOVE PEOPLE. TRANSFORM LIVES. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.”
The course provides students with a general training in education and developmental psychology, sociology and linguistics applied to education, especially to students with special learning needs.
This course includes the Philosophy, Foundations, and Principles of Education, Curricular Content Development, Development of Instructional Materials, Teaching Strategies and Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI)
Program Description and General Objectives
Bachelor in Elementary Education (BEEd) is structured to meet the needs of professional teachers for elementary schools and special education programs in the Philippines
The BEEd aims to develop elementary school teachers who are either (a) generalists who … [Read more]
WHY BS IT AT SISC?
The BS Information Technology course at Southville international School & Colleges is structured to produce graduates that are prepared for the global workforce. The technology landscape continuously changes with new technologies rapidly replacing existing ones. We are able ensure that graduates receive the best international education to prepare them for careers locally and globally.
- Cutting edge technology: Java, .Net, SQL, Oracle, Mobile, Web 2.0, Virtual Infrastructure
- 100% Passing Rate Microsoft Certified Database Specialist
- ETS TOEIC Certified English Communication skills
… [Read more]
WHY BS TOURISM AT SISC?
Be internationally competent and competitive
- Curriculum is designed based on the latest trends and demands of the tourism industry
- In partnership with AMADEUS, an internationally known Global Distribution System used by Tourism practitioners around the world.
… [Read more]
WHY BSBA AT SISC?
The College of Business Administration of Southville International School and Colleges provides Business students with foundation to become globally competitive, self-reliant, and ethical entrepreneurs, investors, and executives.
It gives the students the critical compass settings that will guarantee their preparedness in a borderless economy.… [Read more]