September 3, 2016 – The Karateras of Southville International School and Colleges brought home eight medals from the 2016 Philippine Karate League – National Karatedo Championship held at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
The 5-man team of Southville Karate won three gold, three silver, and two bronze in various categories like the Bo (staff), Kata, and Nunchaku. The winners are:
• Josette Aurelio – Gold in Bo (Staff) and Novice Level Kata
• Danielle Marquez – Gold in Girls Intermediate kata and Silver in Nunchakku
• Karanvir Bansal – Silver in Bo (Staff)
• Alexandra Justine Jarvis – Silver in Novice Level Kata
• Jerry Hernandez – Bronze in Novice Level Kata and Bo (Staff)