TOPS – TOP 100 Outstanding Performing Students
The progress of a nation largely depends on its manpower. It is therefore the responsibility of the government to provide relevant education and training to the people to ensure that they are properly trained to do what is expected of them to alleviate the national status of the country specifically in terms of economy.
As a concerned educational institution, Southville International School and Colleges (SISC) recognized the need for private schools to work alongside the government in terms of providing necessary education and training to the youth who will become the vanguards of the nation. In this aspect, SISC is launching the “Search for the Top Outstanding Performing Students (T.O.P.S.) in the Philippines” in partnership with various institutions and civic-minded citizens.
What is T.O.P.S.?
The T.O.P.S. is SISC’s contribution to the efforts of the Department of Education (DepEd) in inspiring students to become achievers and make them enhance thier academic and leadership potentials as well as their character, values, their talents in arts, and sports by way of recognizing student-achievers in high school.
This was launched in October 2002 and from then on, SISC has maintained 100 TOPS scholars across curriculum levels and across programs every academic year.
Qualification of Candidates
- Must belong to the top 10% of the graduating class of any DepEd-
recognized high school
- Must have no grade lower than 80% or its equivalent in any subject in
3rd and 4th year
- Must have no character rating lower than 85% or its equivalent in 3rd
and 4th year
- Must be an officer or an active member of at least two school-
recognized student organizations (arts, leadership, sports,
- Must have been an active participant in at least one major community
- Photocopy of Report Card (as of 4th yr., 3rd grading period)
- Recommendation letter from the Principal or Guidance Counselor
- 4 pcs. 2×2 ID picture
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Accomplished TOPS Application Form which is available in SISC or in
your School’s Guidance Office
- Submit the requirements in person or through mail/e-mail.
Download TOPS Application Form here!