SOUTHVILLE (“we” or “us”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”), prepared in accordance with the Data Privacy Act 2012 (the “Act”), sets out our personal information protection practices that are put in place to protect the personal information of individuals whom we deal with.
Please note that we may amend this Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendments via our website or by email. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your personal data.
For the purposes of this Notice:
(a)“Affiliates” means SOUTHVILLE and/or related companies, including their related companies;
(b)“partner(s)” means authorised service partner(s) and/or business partner(s); and
(c)“personal information” and “processing” shall have the meanings as set out under the Act.
2. Collection of personal information
In the course of your dealings with us, we will request that you provide certain personal information elements to enable us to enter into transactions with you, services and/or communications in connection with such transactions. These are necessary for our business process execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or third party relationship management.
3. What kind of personal information we collect
In order for us to fulfil one or more of our obligations listed in paragraph 2 herein, we will need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification documents, gender, nationality, mailing address, phone number(s), fax number and email address(es);
- The status of services you have acquired from us or have subscribed to;
- How you use the services;
- Your personal interests and preferences to help us tailor services which would suit you best;
- Information you provide us regarding your preferences or in the course of participating in surveys; and/or
- CCTV or camera visual recordings when you visit our office premises or participate in any of our events.
- When and how we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Communicate with us (for example when you contact us for any enquiries, including by calling our helpdesk);
- Submit your information when registering either by mail/online;
- Where you register your interest or subscribe for information on our products and/or service or to our publications (for example newsletters);
- Participate in any of our surveys;
- Respond to any marketing we send out;
- Commence a business relationship with us (applicable to partner or third party vendors);
- Visit our offices; and/or
- Provide feedback to us (for e.g. via our websites or in hard copy).
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or who are connected with you and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
5. Purpose of collecting personal information
Personal data you provide will be processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes as applicable:
- The delivery of notices, services and the marketing of such services to you;
- Such purposes specifically provided for in any particular service offered by us;
- Our internal record keeping;
- Enabling us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means telephone calls or text messages;
- To establish and better manage any business relationship we have with you;
- To process any communication you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks);
- To provide you with the services you have requested; and/or
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our services.
- Failure to supply personal informationThe failure to supply such personal information as may be needed may:
- Result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services requested;
- Affect our ability to effect the necessary processes relating to the supply of our services; and/or
- Result in us being unable to update you on our latest services.
- Disclosure of your personal informationPersonal data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide or disclose your personal information to the following categories of parties:
- Companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors and/or service providers;
- Our partners and Affiliates for purposes that are related to the purpose for collecting and using your personal information;
- Other parties in respect of whom you have previously given your express consent;
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and/or
- Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested or subscribed for.
Personal data Integrity
We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date.
9. Personal data security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information.
10. Data transfer and sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal information to another Affiliate within or outside the Philippines, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
- Access and Correction
In accordance with the Act, we may on a written request received from you, provide you with access to your personal information and consider a request for correction of that data. In such circumstances, please duly complete the Request Form for Access and/or Correction of Retained Personal data in SOUTHVILLE’s Possession(“Form”) located here and submit it to:
Data Privacy Committee
Southville International School and Colleges
1281 Tropical Ave., Cor., Luxembourg Street BF Homes Las Pinas City, Philippines, 1740
Telephone No: 02-825-6374
We will use reasonable endeavours to respond to your request within 30 days from our receipt of your duly completed Form.
Please note that in certain situations we may have to withhold access to your personal information, for example where we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated request for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
*We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative processing fee for retrieving your personal information records. This fee takes into account the time needed for verifying, locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying the information requested as well as any other associated costs and expenses that may arise from conducting such retrieval.
If we do not receive any email from you within fourteen (14) days of this Notice, we shall presume that you have approved of our continued use of your personal information in accordance with this Notice. However, please rest assured that you will be able to terminate this approval at any time.