As Southville celebrates its 32nd anniversary, a look back at all the precious years together to reach this milestone.
For more than three decades, Southville has delivered international education that prepares its students for global demands of the world. But behind the curtain of all the awards, accreditations, and achievements lies the true heart of Southville which is providing the best quality international education to students, creating new possibilities and opportunities around the world.
The last 32 years bear witness to Southville’s leading approach – molding students as young as 3 years old to become who they aspire to be. Southville is a beacon for parents who dream of a great future for their children. Southville International School and Colleges have had countless students who achieved their dreams and inspire hope in others.
A mother of two who dreamt of a school that would provide her children with high-quality international education, Dr. Genevieve Ledesma-Laurel opened the gates of Southville in 1990 with a powerful vision, mission, and objective of guiding not only her children but innumerable other students into becoming successful professionals who would forge a society in the 21st Century.
This year’s celebration started with the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Southville’s Monarchs Park. The Monarchs Park, true to its name, is Southville’s new green space designed for the comfort and relaxation of the students as they endeavor with their studies. It is also Southville’s way of supporting the worldwide movement of sustainable living while promoting creativity and mental wellness among Southville students.
Looking back, Southville International School and Colleges have attained much in its growing history but its greatest achievement will always be the students who have walked its halls and learned its lessons.
Since then, Southville has carved its way through history with its dramatic growth and received awards and recognition such as:
- Acknowledged as a “School of the Future” by the Department of Education
- Recognized by Republic Act 9493 as an “educational institution of international character”
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) U.S.A.
- Certified by the International Organization for Standardization to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Approved by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization as an IB World School (IB credential recognized by top universities overseas)
- Awarded by the Department of Education for supporting the “Adopt a School Program”
- Recorded 100% passing in the Nursing and Education board exams consistently
- Garnered 100% Passing in Amadeus Certification consistently
- Honored at the Excellence in Educational Transformation Awards (EETA) Organization
- Granted a Gold Award in its first application with Investors in People (IIP) in 2015
- Southville Receives the Global Performance Excellence Program (GPEA) Award
- Awarded best practice (Virtual Online Learning and Teaching) Platinum Award by the Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO-New Zealand)
- Granted Autonomous Status by the Commission on Higher Education
- Accredited by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA)
Southville will continue to achieve more as an institution in this new normal and will continue to carry on the heart of its purpose.
Leave a Reply